Skip to content
Sweet Fruity Shaving Cream
2 ½ Ounces shea or mango butter
2 ½ Ounces coconut oil
3 Tbs. castile soap (peppermint scented is my favorite for this)
2 Tbs. sweet almond or grapeseed oil
Hand or stand mixer
Glass jar (4 or 6 ounce)
Here’s the how to DIY…
1. Place shea or mango butter in pot along with the coconut oil. Double-boiler could be used (pot of water with tall bowl placed inside of pot of water)
2. Warm over low heat until melted
3. When first 2 ingredients have melted, allow briefly to cool
4. Add castile soap and almond or grapeseed oil
5. Stir to blend
6. Let sit and cool to room temperature
7. When mixture is cooled to room temperature, pour into a mixing bowl
8. Place mixture in refrigerator until completely cool, allowing to harden (approximately one hour)
9. When mixture is hard, remove bowl from refrigerator. If it has become too hard to whip with mixer, allow to rest until softening just a little
10. Using a hand or standing mixer, whip mixture for at least two minutes until it becomes fluffy. This might take closer to three minutes. Continue mixing until it resembles frosting texture
11. When recipe resembles frosting like texture, transfer to 4- or 6-ounce container and seal with lid
VERY Important Tips!
Be very careful using this in shower. Cream can make floor slippery if not rinsed well.
Keep water out of the container to avoid bacteria development. It is recommended that mixture be scooped out with a dry spoon rather than wet fingers.
Lastly, the cream is thicker than chemically treated store-bought creams. This means you can use less when shaving, but you will need to rinse the razor a little more than when using store-bought brands.